Wednesday, June 22, 2005

An open letter to the angel at the MTA

Dear Mrs. Bus Driver:

You have made me the happiest woman walking Manhattan today. Thank you for holding onto my id and returning it to me.

Who would have thought that in a city as big as ours, I'd ever get my lost id back!

Like a ray of sunlight you peeked into my morning. I thought I had lost my id forever. I thought I'd have to bear the scar of a 'replacement' id.

When you opened your purse and handed me my id, my faith in karma was restored. The moment I touched that vinyl covering, I felt like I was hugging a long lost friend.

I know I must have looked like a lunatic when you told me you had it. If you weren't driving, I would have hugged you. I suppose, we're both lucky you were driving.

I just want to let you know that every good deed in life goes forth and you've truly made me a happy woman.

Thank you.
Pantrygirl.