Friday, April 22, 2005

Since we're on the subject of the workplace...

Far be it for me to criticize a person’s office but the guy at the far end of the office is a pig. Firstly, he’s got this 8’ by 2’ window pane into his office that he never covers. Secondly, his paperwork is strewn all over the floor except for a patch of walk space from his desk to the door.
When I first started working here, I sat with him to see what system he developed to extract data from a monthly banking report. His guest chair had piles of paperwork on it. He took the pile and threw it on the floor, picked up the chair and plopped it on top of another pile of paperwork on the floor. “Sit.” “No, thanks. I’ll just stand. This won’t take long, right? I think something just crawled out from under there.”
Now, he’s been out of work for a while because he got an illness that most people get in their early teen years. “I don’t know how I got it.” Lord knows, man but if your apartment is as in bad a shape as your office, the culprit may very well be close by.