Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Dat dear is a moo-zum. Deem got fancy pikchurs.

I’m probably going to sound un-kullchurd but I haven’t hit a museum in over a year. With that said, my cousin from the Midwest is coming by to visit and he loves museums. He’s asked me to show him the new MoMA and probably the Met. Sure, I said. So now, I’m trying to figure out how to do both in a day without killing ourselves getting cross-town. Should we start on the westside and move east or start east them move west so we can just hope the train home easily?

Sadly, just like the Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center, museums have become one of those places that I rarely visit. I know it’s a shame. There is so much in the city that I walk past during my daily errands without a thought. Meanwhile, hundreds of tourists are flocking in droves to see these attractions.

So I ran through this whole list of upcoming exhibits to find some interesting attractions. My cousin will definitely dig the Miramax exhibit at MoMA and I found out that the The IN-complete History of Monty Python will debut this Friday, April 1st of all dates at the Museum of Television and Radio.

With spring upon us, I’m going to make an effort to check out a few exhibits this spring and summer. If I’m going to talk about the cultural benefits of living in a big city, I should actually make an effort to see them instead of reading about them. I already missed Basil Twist’s Symphonie Fantastique twice.

This spring, pantrygirl will not complain about the long lines at the museum and go and get a bit o’ culture.